Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Message from the President of the Sudbury Green Party of Ontario CA

Dear Sudbury Greens,
I just wanted to start out by thanking everyone who put their confidence in me by nominating and voting me in as President for the Sudbury Green Party of Ontario Constituency Association for the 2009-2010 year. I promise that I will work hard in making sure that this year will be a banner year in fundraising, increasing membership and community involvement. I want to congratulate those people who are on the executive with me. Yollande Twilley as Chief Financial Officer, Leo Anger as Membership Chair, Dana Clark as Communications Chair and Melanie Johncox as Fundraising Chair. You could not have chosen a better group of hardworking individuals. For those who are interested, there are some executive positions still vacant. Please do not be shy. All that we ask is to show up to our (4) meetings/ year and to be able to volunteer your time as much as you are able. Please remember also that you must be a member in good standing to apply for one of these positions. The positions available are as follows: Secretary, Organization Chair, and (3) Members at Large. If you are interested in learning more about these positions, please contact myself at 560-7499 or email me at candicegoodmurphy@hotmail.com.

My Goals for the 2009-2010 year are to move the constituency association forward in order to become ready for the 2011 Provincial election. Thankfully, we have 2 ½ more years to work towards this goal. To be prepared for the election, we need to find a candidate. My hope is to have a nomination meeting for the Sudbury riding by March 2010. For those of you who want to make a difference by representing the Green Party in Sudbury, now is your chance to become involved. If you choose to represent the Green Party you will have the added support of the Constituency Association to help you along every step of the way.

In the meantime the priorities of the executive will be fundraising, and increasing membership and increasing our volunteer base, and effectively communicating these goals to the membership and our constituency.

I am looking forward to working with everyone in the upcoming year and to get people thinking about electing a Green in Sudbury.

Candice Goodmurphy-Colussi
President, Sudbury Green Party of Ontario Constituency Association

No comments: